- Author! Author! had scenes shot on Good Harbor Beach in Gloucester.
- In The Bostonians, oceanfront scenes were filmed on rocks at Rafes Chasm Park, off Hesperus Avenue.
- Captains Courageous (1937) was set in Gloucester.
- The Good Son was filmed in Gloucester and other Cape Ann communities.
- Mermaids had scenes shot in the Magnolia area of Gloucester.
- Moonlight Mile was filmed almost entirely in Gloucester, with some shots in Marblehead.
- The Perfect Storm (2000) was filmed and set in Gloucester.
- Polis is This: Charles Olson and the Persistence of Place is a one-hour documentary about the poet Charles Olson which the Boston Phoenix called “the best film about an American poet ever made.”
- The Women was partly filmed in Annisquam.
- The Russians Are Coming, the Russians Are Coming film takes place on a fictional Gloucester island but was filmed in Mendocino, California.
7 Gourmet Burger Recipe Ideas
Fire up those grills for 7 Gourmet Burger Recipe Ideas! It is without apology that the GrillJunkie team celebrates our passion for grilling, BBQ and Burgers!. And what better American Holiday to express our addiction than on Memorial Day!
Focusing on the third leg of our Holy Grilling Trinity, we are sharing with you these 7 Gourmet Burger Recipes Ideas, inspired by the team at PersonalCreations.com and Erica Daniels:
Hamburgers have worked their way deep into our food culture. You can’t go through town without passing dozens of establishments that’ll serve up this tasty sandwich. They all exist because we simply love eating burgers. In fact, in the United States we eat about 14 billion hamburgers every year. This comes out to about 38.3 million burgers a day, or 443 burgers devoured every second.
In its simplest form, all you need for a burger is a meat patty and a bun. It’s not too hard to upgrade a burger recipe with some lettuce, tomato, cheese, and onion–which is why most people expect to find those ingredients in a burger. These ingredients are fine, but we wanted to take a detour from the standard sandwich for some more creative burger recipes. We created 7 delicious gourmet burger ideas to mix up your burger routine and get your mouth watering!
7 Gourmet Burger Recipe Ideas
Graphic courtesy of PersonalCreations.com
Which of these was your favorite hamburger idea? The Californian is likely the safest choice for someone looking to try new flavors. You have some expected ingredients, but with a gourmet and Californian twist on the burger toppings. If a big portabello mushroom is something you’re craving, check out the Vegetarian burger. It’s loaded with flavor, including fried avocado and a garlic paste. For something off the beaten path, try grilling up a Vietnamese burger with a pork patty and Vietnamese style pickles.
If you’re up for it, you can modify any of these unique burger ideas to make a personal creation of your own. Cooking up burgers in a kitchen is perfectly fine, but for those warmer months, grilling them outside is lots of fun too. To gear up for outdoor burger sessions (or if you’re cooking up some gourmet hot dogs), make sure to check out our grilling tools!
What are your thoughts? What Fires You Up? We welcome your comments, healthy debate, and the inevitable disagreement. Leave a reply or comment. It’s OK. Bring it on! Don’t want to miss a GrillJunkie blog post? Join our Newsletter Club or subscribe to our RSS list.